Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, February 15, 2009

With Humility I Remain, His servant!

"Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee, and the other a tax-gatherer. The Pharisee stood and was praying thus to himself, 'God, I thank Thee that I am not like other people; swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax-gatherer. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' But the tax-gatherer, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!" This passage of scripture comes from Luke 18:10-14.

I wanted to take a few minutes to share this verse with all of you because of my convictions. I have spent a good deal of time making sure that my website is set up so that anyone and everyone can read the devotions that I write, but I do not seek the glory for these writings as they come directly from the heart of God. The fact that my Lord loves me and has secured my salvation for eternity is reward enough for me to do whatever He asks. In fact, I like my ministry "behind the scenes" because it takes the "I" in my writings out of the equation. Sometime others will contact me or Barb and comment on a devotion and that is what the Lord wants from me. He wants me to talk to others about HIM and not me.

I love that there are those that faithfully read my devotions and I would ask you to continue, please as the Lord may use me in some humble way so that He can speak to your heart. Never will it be my intention to seek praise but rather continue to lift up our Lord, our Creator for the edification of the church (and we are the church, those of us who commune together through His Written Word).

In the world today thousands are turning to God for answers to questions the "world" has created and as ministers of the Gospel we should be ready to "Lift Him Up" in praise and see that He gets the Glory for all that He has done. 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!

Dave

No comments: