Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thankful For My Salvation

Isaiah was an esteemed citizen of Jerusalem. He was also a trusted adviser to King Hezekiah. From what I have read, his public ministry extended approximately 43 years and when Manasseh ascended to the throne he apparently confined his messages to the written form which have been preserved from chapter 40 through the end of the book.

I stumbled upon chapter 12 and was deeply touched by verses 2 & 3 which read ..."Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. Therefore you will joyously draw water from the springs of salvation"

My first thought was drawn to John 4:10 when I read this verse. It is part of the conversation with Jesus and the woman at the well where He tells her about "living water." "...If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, Give Me a drink, you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." It made me feel really good inside because I feel that living water living in me. Isaiah makes us aware that God is our salvation and Jesus Himself comes to the well to tell a lost woman that she can drink from "living waters" and be satisfied for a life.

When I think about the Prophet Isaiah completing his ministry using the written word, teaching and preaching, it makes me feel good about what I do each night as I sit in front of my laptop with my Bible at my side. There was a season in my life when my ministry was from a pulpit and it was a blessed ministry and now God has moved me on to try and reach those who "might" only read about Him. It is to those of you that I write tonight as I implore you to search the Word of God and recognize and accept that He IS also your salvation.

If you've never been to my site before, CLICK HERE and read about the wonderful plan God has for your life. It will only take a few minutes to make an eternal decision in your life. And to those of you who faithfully read from these pages of mine, I pray that you receive not only encouragement but also peace as you recognize God as your salvation.

Dave

No comments: