Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Spending Time Alone With God

Sentimentally involved in communication with the Lord this morning and I am listening intently to His words to me, He directed me to Job 10:12 which reads "Thou has granted me life and loving-kindness and Thy care has preserved my spirit." Who else in the universe can do this for me. I am at peace with not only the world but also with the spirit within because He "has granted me life and loving-kindness."

And another verse that would go hand in hand with this one is also in Job an it is chapter 33, verse 4 and it says "The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Rather than try to inject some spiritual intellect to these passages of scripture, I am just absorbing their words and meaning. And remember that Job's life had been broken beyond repair "and then came the Lord".

Further I read in Job 27: 3 & 4 "For as long as life (breath) is in me, and the breath of God is in my nostrils, My lips certainly will not speak unjustly, nor will my tongue mutter deceit." How can we read these word from the heart of the creator as He has inspired the common man to pen these words of delight and spiritual blessing?

Reading these verses brings me to a very simple and complete understanding of the beginning of the book (Genesis) where God said "Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let him rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth" (Gen. 26). He didn't have to do that! In fact, it was the heart of God that knew that WE would need the love that only He could supply and it is simply illustrated in the above verses. That verifies that sometimes commentary is not necessary to receive the love of the Lord as He speaks to us from His precious Word.

Try just sitting in a quiet place and soaking in some of the "romantic" words with which He speaks to us and see if your heart doesn't skip a beat. "God is Love" and His love sustains us throughout our lives, in good times and bad. Just Jesus and His Word; what else can we possibly need to fill our souls. WOW!

Dave

No comments: