Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, February 23, 2009

Blameless or Destroyed

Psalm 37:37 says "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; For the man of peace will have a posterity." Another translation says the last part this way "For the man of peace will have an end." Of course, if you just stop reading there it doesn't sound glorious or wonderful for the "upright man" but go on to verse 38 to see what happens to the transgressors. This verse says "But transgressors will be altogether destroyed; The posterity (end) of the wicked will be cut off."

So when you read those two verses together you get a better understanding of the Psalmist's idea of what will happen to the good AND the bad. Of course, as Christians we understand this concept and rejoice in the fact that we dwell among the "blameless". Naturally we do not always feel like we are blameless, but that is the way our God looks at us. The writer goes on in verse 39 to say that "the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in time of trouble." Most all of us can agree with that. "And the Lord helps them, and delivers them; He delivers them from the wicked, and saves them, because they take refuge in Him" (verse 40).

I take refuge in the Lord, on a "moment by moment" basis. Trials and tribulations in this world can sweep us off our feet because we are weak. But I thank my God that each and every moment of my life, I can look to Him to be my strength and know with assurance that I (as wicked as I may see myself) fall in line with the "blameless" that the Psalmist writes about. It's all about faith.

How does God look at you? I'm not asking how you think He looks at you. I'm asking how is your relationship with God? Regardless of your worthless feeling (which is defeatism, and we know where that comes from), if Jesus lives in your heart, no matter what the trial, you can cry out to Him and believe that He is listening.

Dave

No comments: