Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Teach Me Oh Lord

I am enjoying picking verses and taking the time to share my thoughts about them. I hope those of you who read are getting something good out of it. Tonight I was reading in Psalm 143 and verse 10 seemed to come off the page to me. It says ..."Teach me to do Thy will, For Thou art my God; Let Thy good Spirit lead me on level ground."

Don't you just love the way David makes requests of the Lord? "Teach me...Thou art my God...let Thy Spirit lead me..." The voice of sincerity so anxious to learn from the hand of God Himself. I feel that passion most of the time as I lean on God for support. Sometimes we cannot seem to find the words to express our desire for God. Sometimes our crying out to God is little more than "moaning" and hurting but we all wish to be taught by the hand of God. Just a short verse but a giant plea for the love of God to be available in our lives.

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I "yearn" for God. I look so forward to His return to rescue the church, the Bride of Christ to our eternity. Do you ever think about His return? If so, then you really do want Him to "Teach you to do His will."

Dave

No comments: