Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Confess Me Before Men

"Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My father who is in heaven." Matt. 10:32

Have you every been driving down the road, listening to Christian music and see someone you know; pull over to pick them up, but change the radio station first? I have! I'm not at all proud to confess that but as a much younger Christian man, my witness did not seem to have the value it does today. In fact when I think back on times like that I feel that I may have been embarrassed, not wanting my "lost" friends to think I was some sort of "Jesus" Freak!

That has all changed to the point that sometimes I even embarrass my wife and daughters when we are out in public. I LOVE to talk to ANYONE and EVERYONE and the Lord most always comes up somewhere in the conversation. My life and death commitment is to Jesus Christ my Lord an Savior and I don't care WHO thinks WHAT about it.

I'm really glad I came out of my shell because the very next verse says, "But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven." Believe me, that is the last thing any of us want to happen when we face the Lord.

There are some who have more knowledge than me in spiritual matters and there are some who have less than me, but it doesn't really matter. For my part, my responsibility is to open my mouth and share my faith. In fact, you may remember that when Jesus healed the "blind" man, he went off and said in John 9:25, "Whether He is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know; that, whereas I was blind, now I see." What a tremendous witness he was even to himself.

We don't always find ourselves in the perfect witnessing situation and most of the time it seems is the worst time, but Jesus has assured us that the Holy Spirit dwelling in us will "prompt" us as what to say.

So, when the time comes, just open your mouth and allow the Lord to speak. He will, I promise. I know because He has done it for me.

Dave

No comments: