Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

His Word Will Strengthen His Own

"...as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth, and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it" (Isaiah 55: 10,11).

As I read about the strength that God gleans from His own Word, I feel secure in His arms of love. It strengthens my faith in Him. "I can do all things through Him, who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:3). The elements that He created within the planet assure that it will be fed and watered and as it is, it continues to bring forth life. And God assures us that as we take His Word out into the world, it will not return void. Sharing Christ victoriously is not something that we do but rather something God has put into us. The victory is His and His witness never returns to Him empty.

He sees all of us as we go from place to place, sharing our faith and loving God and His word returns to Him as a blessing fresh as the "rain and snow." My brother-in-law asked the question this morning on facebook..."Can we really disappoint our God"...and his answer rings true as our God IS sovereign and He is full of Wisdom for His children.

So the next time you are faced with an opportunity to share your faith, and you feel Satan tugging at you to "leave it alone" remember that God's Word never returns to Him void. Whatever you say is what the Holy Spirit is directing you to say and it will be like fresh "rain and snow" to a thirsty world.

He's right. We are not so big that we can disappoint our God, so go forth and water the nation with His love and watch for the harvest.

Dave

No comments: