Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, February 27, 2009

His Promise

Today I started putting together what I hope to be a published book of not only daily devotions, but also my story, along with a few of my personal "childhood memories" and my testimony. It is my hope that someday it will find a home in a Christian bookstore for sale and others throughout the world will be able to pick up my book and be blessed. In the meantime, today I would like to quote for you, one of my all time favorite passages of scripture. I use it for others but mostly I have used it for myself over the last 4 years now and every time I read it, it becomes more of a beacon of light to me than the last time.

"Let not your heart be troubled, believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. An if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going." Thomas said to Him, "Lord we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way? Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me."

I cannot think of another place in the Bible that is more direct than this passage. Jesus has issued to us a promise that He personally purchased. A promise that none other could have made. A promise that has been backed up by the very Creator Himself. Can you receive that much confidence from the place where you deposit your money today? No you cannot. And you cannot because it will burn. The promises of our Lord, Jesus Christ cannot be burned or destroyed in any fashion. This is the ONLY promise that you can trust.

Dave

No comments: