Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, February 16, 2009

Parental Commandments

"My son, observe the commandment of your father, and do not forsake the teaching of your mother. Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck. When you walk about, they will guide you; When you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you. for the commandment is a lamp, and the teaching is light; And reproofs for discipline are the way of life" (Proverbs 6:20-23).

I miss my father. If he were here today, I believe I would plant myself at his feet and listen to his wisdom. We would do good to practice some of the standards that were taught to us as young children. And then some of us may want to disregard everything in the past. That is sad.

My father was wise beyond his years and such a gentle spirit. He shares the glory of Heaven these days with his Heavenly Father and I am so proud of him.

Sometimes God sends us to a passage of scripture that needs no explanation but just some absorption. Please absorb some of the Word written above.

Dave

No comments: