Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Reward of Humility

What are you, perhaps bragging about today? How good you do this? How awesome you are at that? Do most of your sentences begin with “Me” or “I”? If so, then you need to read this verse.

“The reward of humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, honor and life” (Proverbs 22:4). There is nobody I know that likes a pat on the back more than me. I want people to know how impressed they can be with me, for I am so good AT EVERYTHING! Yeah, RIGHT!

Exactly the opposite. In fact, it is my desire to be hidden behind the Cross of Christ and I want people to have heard from the voice of God when I speak or write. I know that my reward is in heaven and I cannot wait to get there to receive it. This world has nothing that it can give me, including praise and honor that can compare with what the Lord Jesus has in store for me.

In John 14 He has promised me a dwelling place in heaven that is certainly more than I deserve and I am looking forward to walking up to heaven to the waiting arms of Jesus as He welcomes me home. In fact, there is a song, one of my favorites and it is called “I Can Only Imagine” and a video that just warms my heart every time I watch it. I’ll put the link at the bottom here so you can take a look at it.

If your heart is anything like mine, you can’t wait either. Jesus is coming back and He has prepared for us a place so wonderful that we cannot come up with the words to describe it. Don’t seek your reward here on earth. This is not your home. You are only passing through on your way to glory with Christ Jesus.

Click on this link to listen to the song and watch the video. I am sure you will just love it. If it does not work, just cut and paste to your browser and it will download. Click the back browser to return to this page. http://www.andiesisle.com/icanonlyimagine.html.

Dave

No comments: