Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, March 9, 2009

God Is Love

Is there any of you who remember this verse as a song? 1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." The bible teaches us that "God is love" (verse 8), that "God is light" (1 John 1:5), that He is a "consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29) and that "God is spirit" (John 4:24). It's not ironic that these accolades would come from John the disciple. The theme of his writings is "love" and he referred to himself as "the disciple that Jesus loved." It is obvious that love is very important in the Christian walk.

It is incredible to me that I can show love to any stranger in the world, because that is what God has called me to do, and at the slightest level of tension, can "bite off the head" of a loved one without giving it a thought. I recognize it as soon as it happens and ask God for forgiveness but I always wonder why it happens that way. Then it comes to me. SATAN! He is a liar, a thief, a destroyer of life, cunning and cruel and he works his way into the smallest "crevasses" in our lives and creates a little "hell on earth".

Verse 8 & 9 says to us "The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love By this the love of God was manifested in us that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him."

Perhaps this devotion is a confession of mine, that I realize that I need to show more love to those who mean so much to me. If you fit into that category, "I love you". Maybe there's someone you need to tell that you love them too.

Dave

No comments: