Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, March 14, 2009

All Nations Shall Glorify Your Name

In Psalms 86:7-10 there are a couple of comments that are a treasure in the life of a Christian and worth mentioning. It says, "In the day of my trouble I shall call upon Thee, For thou wilt answer me. There is no one like Thee among the gods, O Lord; Nor are there any works like Thine. All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee, O Lord; and they shall glorify Thy name. For Thou are great and doest wondrous deeds; Thou alone art God."

Here is King David, in his great faith and a prayer of trust, bragging about his Lord. God is a pleasant help in times of trouble. And we see that even King David acknowledged that "Nations" would bow down and worship his God as apposed to the "little gods" of verse 8.

I got an email comment about one of my devotions from someone who lives in California and this person was so dedicated to his faith that you could almost hear his proclamation of faith in the email. He won't mind me sharing it, after all, it was on facebook. ("I believe Me and My GOD have a very good understanding of MY LIFE and I'll Wait Happily Each And Everyday here on this EARTH being THANKFUL HE has allowed ME to wake again here to enjoy this world protected by HIM THE ONE GOD... The Lord Jesus Christ... SO BRING IT ON I CAN HANDLE IT (with his help ) I Fear Not..") Now that sounds to me like a Christian man who has taken his faith in God at "face value" and is confident of God's protection over his life.

And so we "glorify His name" as we walk through this life not knowing from day to day what will happen, happy to be waiting on the Lord. In good times and bad, He wants our praise and worship. In fact, my thought about that is "if you are not waiting on the Lord, who are you waiting on?" The ground below you may be more shaky than you realize. Choose Christ and live in His wondrous grace. You can know more about God and even give your life to Him is you choose. Just click on this link and it will take you right where you need to be for more about God's Saving Grace. 4 Spiritual Laws of God

Dave

No comments: