Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, March 9, 2009

Complaint Department

James 5:9 says to us, "Do not complain, brethren, against one another, that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door." And then in verse 11 "...You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful."

I don't think there could be a more timely verse of scripture than this one for today's life. It seems like everything is going wrong and all the people we have trusted to run America all these years either don't have a clue, or are the biggest scam artists the world has ever know. And it is becoming extremely difficult for some Americans to just feed and cloth and house their families. and for this we pray.

But in the midst of the turmoil taking place in the world, I can still find something to complain about. And of course, because the only people I know profess Christianity, I'm complaining at the brotherhood, Whoa!

God has done so much for me in 57 short years of life that you would think I would recognize that and kind of "pass it forward" to another in need. And I don't want anyone to think that we don't do just that. But there always seems to be something to complain about.

I just spent over 2 hours giving my older brother a very descriptive definition of Predestination and in the process presented the Gospel of God to him, one more time. What could I possibly have to complain about.

God forgive me and those of us who get so "inside" that we sometimes don't realize that there are those who have no idea of the joy we carry. I pray that I am a blessing to someone today.

Dave

No comments: