Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, March 20, 2009

Personal Spiritual Appreciation

Friday, March 20, 2009

Today, I just would like to take a few minutes to write a few words of praise and thanks to God for all He has done in my life and all that He continues to do. In my estimation, I am one of the luckiest men alive because first of all I have God in my life (others don't). I have a wife who takes good care of me "in sickness and in health." I have 3 wonderful children and they have provide me with 4 beautiful grandchildren with another one on the way.

I passed by this scripture verse and thought I might just add these personal thoughts with it. It is in First John 5:13 and it says, "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life." This eternal life is so much easier to understand and look forward to when you have all the joys of life that I have. Every day, I witness the love of my family and since the diagnosis of cancer, this feeling of "fullness" with them has become so much more important. Because I have this kind of support, I can walk on hot coals if needed, until the Lord calls me home.

I want to be a good enough witness to others so that some of that feeling rubs off of me and onto others. I am in such a good frame of mind and I want others to experience the peace that I have and live their lives with that kind of peace.

I look for more opportunities to tell others about my God and what peace He has brought to my life. I never thought that I would get here but I am. I have taped to the inside front page of my bible, a newspaper article of a girl I knew who was murdered in her young life, and all she ever did was go around telling people about Jesus. There was a time when I made fun of her and thought she was a "sandwich short of a full picnic" but today, I realize that there is a difference in my heart toward God. I was a Christian then but I was obviously not "Fully Devoted" to my Christ. Today, I am a different man and I believe, for the first time, God is pleased.

I pray that all who read this would take the time to find that very important place in their heart and allow God to captivate it. Absorb His love for you and when you begin to feel it, you will not be able to resist returning it. He's the only one I know who cared enough to sacrifice His Son for me.

Dave

No comments: