Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Power, Love And Discipline

Here's a powerful passage of scripture that is worthy of discussion. It is found in 2 Timothy 1:7-9 and it says "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, or of me, His prisoner; but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity..."!

Do you consider yourself bashful or timid when it comes to sharing your faith with others? Don't be! Do you feel ashamed? Don't be! The power of love and discipline far outweigh the timid and shameful feelings you may have as you try to testify to your faith in Christ.

It is a fact that before you even arrive at the witnessing experience that God has already sent His Holy Spirit for the purpose of conviction and guidance in the life of the person you will share your faith with. He knows ahead of time where you will be and in what situation in life you will find yourself so since He is the Great "I Am," He has already begun to soften the heart of that one who will hear from you. Begin to take on the mentality that you "are" a prisoner with Christ Jesus and join in His sufferings by sharing His gospel. How do you suppose the disciples felt? Had to be difficult for them. They had no where near the knowledge about their King that you have access to today.

You have been called with a "holy calling" by none other than God Himself. Remember that Paul said in Romans 1:16 that he is not "ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Now if there ever was a man who could feel shame for his past, Paul would be that man. But he says "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed..." I can't even walk away from that statement. It creates in me even more zeal for His gospel just to know that His gospel, that I testify to, has the "righteousness of God in it"...WOW!

Finally, I just want to point out verse 12 which says, "For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day." All the more reason to "let it fly" when approaching an opportunity to share your faith. But remember to allow your words to come from your heart and not your tongue.

Dave

No comments: