Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, March 20, 2009

I Confess!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven" (Matt 10:32). Well, that's cool. Just think. Confess Jesus before men and He will confess you before His Father who is in heaven. Pretty simple, huh? Well wait a minute. Let's go a little farther. Look at the next verse, "But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven" (Matt 10:33).

We as Christians (disciples of Christ) have a far greater duty to God than we sometimes realize. Have you ever heard the song by Ray Boltz called "Feel The Nails?" (It's number 10 on my playlist below on the left side of the page). Listen to it if you get a chance. It is story about how we re-nail Jesus back on that cross each time we deny Him. Can you imagine how He must feel when His Holy Spirit prompts us to share with someone and we shy away from the task. We are His mouthpiece, just like Moses was.

They say "confession is good for the soul" (I don't know who they are) but I say confessing Jesus before men makes me feel more a part of the family of God. Someday we will, each one of us, stand before God to confess and allow His judgement. Don't find yourself short of "confessing Him before men". That's part of the communion with God. Help me share the love of God before this world explodes.

Dave

No comments: