Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Last Will And Testament

I've been seeing this commercial on TV a lot lately about "LegalZoom.com" and today they were talking about making a family will. It made me think of a passage of scripture in the Gospel of John. You can probably guess the verse. Yes, its 3:16& 17: "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him."

So I thought about the commercial and then it dawned on me that this verse was God's Last Will & Testament for those of us who are His children. He has given to us, His absolute best. Jesus is talking (I know that because the text is in red, LOL)! Anyway I envision Jesus here as God's attorney and He is directing the legal part of leaving God's gift to mankind and so the above passage is created.

Then I thought, "I don't have a legal will for my family so I'm going to develop one right here." So here goes! "Because I love my family so dearly, I give to them (my wife, my 3 children, and my 4 grandchildren - 5th on the way) and of course, my daughter-in-law and 2 son-in laws, the thing that is the most important to me in life. I give to them my faith in Christ. I believe I am one of those Christians (trips and falls every day) who has one of the strongest faiths in what God and Jesus has done for me that it is my most precious possession. It sustains me in this life. So, this gift I leave to them, to cling to, to cherish and love, and to help them look forward to a reunion someday as we all sit before Christ."

When I look at the scripture in John 3:16 & 17, I realize that the gift that God gave to us was more precious than any other He could have created (not that He created Jesus, for you theologians) so with that in mind, I started to think what it might be that could possibly be THAT precious to me and it is the above gift of my faith in Him. I am please in that faith and pray that all of my family's faith increases to that level as time goes on.

Because God loves you, you can exchange your sins for His righteousness. Could you ask for greater evidence of love? Calvary is proof that God loves, and longs to save you. What I received from Calvary was ultimately (salvation is a given), my faith in Christ, so that is my most precious possession.

So there you have it. My Last Will & Testament and I didn't even need to buy "Legal Zoom...Cool!

Dave

No comments: