Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Warm & Fuzzy or Black & Cold

Listen to what the writer of Proverbs has to say in chapter 11 verse 20: "The perverse in heart are an abomination to the Lord, but the blameless in their walk are His delight." You've undoubtedly heard the verse of scripture that says "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" right? Well here the writer makes a distinction between the two hearts.

There is a heart that is black and cold and everything that comes from it has an "odor" or an "insult" or something very contrary to the peaceable heart of God. And then there is a heart that is "warm & fuzzy" and just waiting to find a way to glorify God. There are hearts out there roaming the world that just lie waiting to pounce on something or someone and bring the element of pain and discouragement. And then the other heart walks the earth looking to be a blessing to someone, perhaps someone in need.

What color is your heart? Does the Lord God look down on you and see a heart badly in need of repair (that repair being a "touch" for the Almighty), or does God see your heart working His will as often as you can find a place to minister.

I sometimes embarrass my daughters when we go out for dinner, but I always try to find someone to talk to, about most anything. Sometimes I even say "stupid" things just to get their attention. But the whole purpose is to bring a smile or blessing of some kind to an individual. Trying to offer up just a little kindness each day as I walk through life. I do know that there were some people in the chemotherapy treatment center that were sad to see that I had completed my treatment for the time being, and of course there were those that were having a party because I wouldn't be coming back.

You don't have to go too far to find the smile that is trying to escape from another person as they walk through life. And even once, while being hooked up to my chemo treatment IV, I was given an opportunity by God to get on my knees and help lead a precious dying woman to Christ. And it was all because I chose the "warn & fuzzy" over the black and cold heart.

What's your choice? Are you afraid to start up conversations with complete strangers? I've got a secret for you that will change your whole way of thinking. Next time you get the opportunity, just remember that the person you are working toward being a blessing to is "just like you" and you may be the only "Jesus" they ever get a chance to see.

Dave

No comments: