Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, April 6, 2009

Keep Them From The Evil One

Today I was dwelling on the Lord's concern for us. How much He cares for us. How much He was willing to suffer for us. Exactly how far He was willing to go for us. It's mind boggling to think about because I am confident that I would not allow one of my children to suffer that much agony without stepping in. I remember the song we use to sing in church "He Could Have Called Ten Thousand Angels"...but He died alone, for you and me.

We are in that week leading up to the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus and He sits His disciples down and begins this High Priestly Prayer for not only the protection of those around Him but to all of us as well beginning in John 17: 1-21. I hope you will take the time to read this prayer of Jesus' because He is praying for you at this point.

Within the next couple of chapters we will have witnessed His capture, His trials (several of them throughout the night) and finally, we will see Him nailed to a tree, the final sacrifice for the sins of the world. We'll witness God the Father, as He turns His head on His Son because He can have no part in sin or evil. We will witness a kind of love that has never been demonstrated before or since at this level or fashion. And we will, by the end of the week, celebrate His glorious resurrection, defeating death and the grave, for the single purpose of saving our souls.

I will merely point out one single verse in the passage which is verse 15 and it says, "I do not ask Thee to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one." Jesus knew that we still had our work cut out for us here on earth but wanted the Father in Heaven to shield us from "the evil one". What grace in the face of emanate death. And He reminds God in the next verse, as though He wanted all of us to hear that "They are not of this world, even as I am not of this world." It's a though He was covering all the bases before He continued on His mission.

For a person as "wordy" as I am, sometimes I cannot find the words to say how much I thank my Lord God (Elohim) for the wonderful gift He has given to me.

This week we will envision Jesus on the cross at Calvary. Please take the time to thank Him for coming down and taking our sin and our place.

Dave

No comments: