Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Child Has Been Born To Us!

Today, one week before we celebrate Easter (Resurrection) Sunday, my passage of scripture is from Isaiah 9:6 and here is how it reads. "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

So today, while policemen across the nation are being senselessly gunned down by someone who, obviously has no ability to cope with this life, or probably "after life"; while young children are disappearing at an alarming rate with mostly no change of survival; while rogue governments are shooting "Ballistic Missiles" without the full support of the rest of the world; while our own government is digging the hole for us and our children and grandchildren deeper and deeper. On a day when a large number of Americans fear for their future, their jobs, their retirement, their way of life; and when we all watch the news night after night, hoping for a glimpse of something good to "hold onto", the prophet Isaiah is still, from centuries back, saying to us, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." That child was Jesus Christ and His Hope is worth holding onto.

As we enter into this Holiest of weeks for the Christian, we need to look to our God as the HOPE that cannot be received from mankind. We must attach our hearts and souls to the only One who can save us from a life of "damnation" in the "pits of hell". We must "gird our loins with truth" (Eph. 6:14) understanding that not everything we are looking at is seen in the same way with God.

Tonight as Barb and I were driving home from our daughter and son-in-laws home, we heard on the news that students, faculty, and alumni from Notre Dame were removing their support from a very prestigious and accomplished institution. The reason is because the school had invited Barack Obama to speak at their commencement. Because I wish to keep these devotions as far from political as I can, I try not to share my opinion, but what I see is that people have placed their HOPE in something other than the "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father and Prince of Peace". Be it a school, a man (even a president), a job, a way of life, a bank account, etc.

Some of us look at current events and cannot help but see the Glory of God as He makes ready the way for Christ's return. I saw an advertisement tonight in a theatre lobby for a movie coming out called "2012" and the caption read "will you be left behind?" I look at that and think, "will we even be here to see it?" And immediately after that my thoughts are "Maranatha, Lord Jesus! Come Quickly!"

If you are a walking, talking, professing, Christian; if you fancy yourself as a "Fully Devoted Follower Of Jesus Christ" then your thoughts and desires should fall into the same category. Not a judgement call, simply the truth of God. We are routing for Jesus to come. The One from antiquity forward has been referred to as the "wonderful counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

Didn't mean to get "up on the soap box" but it IS really hard out there these days, and everyone is being effected by these difficult times. I keep telling people that this is not my home and that I am merely passing through. And on the way through, God told me to introduce Him to others.

Can I introduce you to my Lord? I have never shied away from a question and never will. My email address is papadave2@cox.net. If you need more evidence, or don't know me from Adam, please, don't take my word for it. It's in His Word. A simple illustration is known as the 4 Spiritual Laws and you can find them on my website by clicking here. Jesus made His triumphant entry during this week. You can do the same thing.

Dave



No comments: