Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Little Children

In First John 2:12 John writes this little tidbit of information for us to catch a glimmer of and it says, "I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His names sake."

How emotionally appropriate it seems that God looks a us as "little children" and He has passed that idea on to His disciples that we may continue to think in that vain in today's society. We are God's children, all at different levels of understanding His plans for each of us, but all His little children none the less.

So the most secure times in my life were those times when I was safe in the arms of my earthly father, as his little child. Somehow I knew that no matter what would befall me at that moment, my father had his arms around me and that NOTHING could touch or harm me.

Today, I can see this analogy in the arms of Christ today. Oh, there are a lot of things that slip through the cracks and get to me, but there is something about being a child of the King that remove any and all fear of the outcome; Does that make sense? I feel a complete calmness about this issue. I am His "little child" and so, while that is fact (which will never change throughout eternity) nothing that can touch me, can destroy me (my spiritual being) or my relationship with Him.

I reference this verse back to First John 2:1 which says, "My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with he Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world." There was a time that I didn't have a clue what "propitiation" meant until I fully grasped the love and compassion of God. This is an act of conciliation or appeasement to our God. Could we POSSIBLY be entwined in better arms than Christ?

Dave

No comments: