Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spiritual Heartburn

Yesterday, being Easter, Barb and I met the entire family at our Son's home for Easter dinner. Everyone contributed and everything was, naturally too good to pass up. So I didn't pass up anything. I ate as much as I could for as long as I could, then we all sang songs while our Granddaughter and Grandson played the instruments. Xbox Guitar Hero, you know! Anyway after some time had passed I began to feel this burning in my heart. I think I ate too much of the wrong stuff but it sure was good.

It made me think of the two men walking on the Road to Emmaus after the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. In Luke 24 verses 30 - 32 it says, "And it came about that when He (Jesus) had reclined at the table with them, He took the bread and blessed it, and breaking it, He began giving it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished from their sight. And they said to one another, Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scriptures to us?"

Throughout their seven mile trip they walked and talked with Jesus Christ, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and did not recognize Him until they broke bread together. And when they did, they recognized that their hearts were burning inside of them. They had been with the King. They feasted with the Lord God Himself and they experienced a spiritual burning in their hearts.

I know and have known of that spiritual heartburn they experienced. Jesus walks with us every day and our hearts burn with the desire to follow as He leads. When I eat too much and get heartburn I usually take a "Tums" or something like that to ease the burning. But when my heart burns inside from listening to the Lord, I simply absorb His Word and become obedient to His commands.

Ever feel that "Spiritual Heartburn?" Listen closely! Jesus may be speaking to you right now! Can you feel the Spiritual Heartburn?

Dave

No comments: