Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, April 16, 2009

God Will Provide

I have had some serious back problems since 1989 and my back continues to give me trouble. Sometimes I wish that it could just be removed and a new one attached in its place. Kind of like when the car breaks down and you don't know what is wrong. You just want to loosen the radiator cap and drive a new car under it.

Well, the back pain and other symptoms came to a head yesterday and so we went to see the "rusty" doctor and he advised an immediate MRI Scan, probably because I have so many other, underlying problems he didn't want to take any changes. And today we went and had the MRI done and we wait for the results of the scan.

This made me think of Abraham and Isaac so I went to Genesis 22 and re-read the story of this amazing miracle of God. I'm sure I don't need to tell you the story and you should go to the reference and read it for yourself. What I was really "struck" by was verses 7 & 8 of Chapter 22.

Here's what it says in my Bible: "And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, My father!' And he said, 'Here I am, my son.' And he said, 'Behold the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?" "And Abraham said, 'God will provide for Himself the lamb or the burnt offering, my son.' So the two of them walked on together."

Of course the entire passage from verse 1 through 19 is a wonderful testimony in picture form of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm not suggesting any biblical changes but I covered up the word "for" and my Bible actually reads "God will provide Himself..." Not a breach of the Word, just a play on words. I can see Jesus in this passage. How about you?

So I assume that it was not a coincidence that God would draw my attention to this story in His Word today after having had this medical scan and now waiting for the results. For almost 58 years now, the Lord has been providing for me and I'm sure that He's not ready to quit just yet.

Lord, give me the continued faith of this father and son in the dynamic story that has been told here in Your Word...Amen! And with that, I am sure that God Will Provide!

Dave

No comments: