Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Sunday Morning

"Jesus said to her, 'Mary!' She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, 'Rabboni!' (which means, Teacher). Jesus said to her, 'Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren, and say to them, I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.' Mary Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, 'I have seen the Lord,' and that He had said these things to her" (John 20:16-18).

Today is the day that we as Christian men and women come together to celebrate the "Resurrection" of our Lord Jesus Christ. April 12, 2009 is Resurrection Sunday for those of us who believe. What a wonderful feeling, indeed, that we do not worship a savior who is still in his grave. How wonderful it is that the very mention of His name brings people together. If not for today, there would be no other day that would be worthwhile. Because as Jesus defeats and escapes the "jaws" of death, He sets the captives free. And who are those captives? That's you and I. That's anyone in the entire world who would surrender his or her heart to Jesus Christ.

My favorite inspirational book is by Max Lucado and it is called "Six Hours One Friday" and in the 7th chapter he talks about the disciples huddling around in the upper room. Allow me the freedom to quote from these pages; "The church of Jesus Christ began with a group of frightened men in a second-floor room in Jerusalem. Though trained and taught, they didn't know what to say. Though they'd marched with Him for three years, they now sat...afraid. They were timid soldiers, reluctant warriors, speechless messengers. Their most courageous act was to get up and lock the door. Some looked out the window, some looked at the wall, some looked at the floor, but all looked inside themselves" (Chapter 7 of Six Hours One Friday/John 20:19).

Today, over 2000 years later, we do not have to hide. We should not be afraid. We should however, choose this day for self-examination of our Christian life. So much in the world going wrong (in the world's view point). I just heard today that the number of those willing to claim Christianity is "slipping" in the popular polls. That's a load of "pig swine" as far as I am concerned. I've never had more conversations in my life than those taking place today concerning our Lord Jesus Christ (I highly recommend the book).

Our Lord went to Calvary, suffered the ordeal of the cross, and came back again. I challenge anyone to come up with another who has accomplished as much. I also challenge you today to NOT be like those frightened disciples in the upper room. Don't be afraid for your life for your life is "but a vapor." I'm trying everything I know to get more people introduced to my Lord than any other time in my Christian walk.

Today is the best day to say "this is the first day of the rest of my life and everyday forward I will tell someone about Jesus!" Are you that brave? Do you feel that much freedom in your salvation? I know each one of you have dozens of email friends you can send this message to as a start.

Twelve men turned the entire world upside down for Jesus Christ, but only after He gave them the opportunity to be at peace. The very last words He said to them in verse 19 is "Peace be with you.

"Praise God, Praise God, He's ALIVE! Now go! You've got a lot of work to do. Oh, and Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! God bless!