Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, April 2, 2009

"I Got To Tell Somebody" (Don Francisco - He's Alive)

Click on above link for video of Don Francisco's Song

Today I would like to reference a verse in Acts 2 and then an experience I had last night. In verse 38 Peter says, "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

I think all of you know that I am "all about" this verse of scripture. My desire is to try to get someone to see "Jesus in me" as often as possible. I believe that our "Normal Traffic Pattern" of life is the best way to witness to the world about Christ. And last night I was humbled by a movie that Barb and I went to see. It was called "The Cross - The Arthur Blessitt Story," and it was not just a movie (more of a documentary) but rather an experience in humility and faithfulness.

God sent him out into the mission field and his field was the entire globe. Arthur Blessitt not only walked across every nation on the planet but he carried a 12 foot cross with him everywhere he went. And everywhere he went he told people about Jesus. He told children and adults, young people and old. He shared Jesus Christ with people of every type of faith and never let the Lord down in his mission. I might add that it took him 40 years to complete his mission.

This film brought me to tears as I want so much to be that kind of witness for Christ. His love for the Lord took him to places you and I would not go to without a bodyguard or two. His life is a reflection of what God can do with someone who is completely "sold out" to His will.

I know that I am part of those helping to fulfill the "Great Commission" because I tell someone everyday about Christ, but I sit in the comfort of my home everyday and night and the only danger I experience is a little cancer problem. I want people to be introduced to Christ and that is why I write. However, I was humbled as I watched what power God can give to those who give Him their lives.

In the front of my Bible I have taped a newspaper article about a loved one who was murdered back in 1991. In the article the reporter wrote "She was always going out and telling people about Jesus...She goes out around her block and shares with the neighbors about the Bible."

Of course we all want to embrace that type of testimony about our lives and we are given these "moments" in our lives to encourage us, to go to yet, one more person and tell them about Jesus Christ. Peter said, "Repent...and be baptized...for the forgiveness of your sins."

I try to say that often, but probably not often enough. A very touching documentary of a man who gave his life to Christ and Christ gave it back to him, for God's glory. Are we all headed in the same direction. It never has been an "option" with God. It was a very serious command to those who know and trust Him with their eternity. Maybe you can tell someone about Jesus today!

Dave

No comments: