Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus Christ: "Hope of Glory"

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).  I am a Gentile.  And I, for one, am grateful that God's main purpose for the Apostle Paul was to reach out to those of us that are not descended from the Jews.  Otherwise, I may not be sitting here writing to you this morning.  I am grateful for the Salvation that was so richly bestowed upon me, regardless of my worthiness.  I feel as though I am one of those people who could never find enough words, or efforts, or praise, for the one who died in my place.

As the Apostle Paul wrote his letters that eventually made their way into the written word, his "flavor" was that of this title "The Hope Of Glory" because as he "bobbed a day and night in the sea", as he was "beat with rods",  as he was "shipwrecked", as he was "let down in a basket" to escape, as he experienced life as an enemy of the religious establishment, he continued to share the "Hope of Glory" with all his churches and people he ran across throughout his ministry in life.  I would be grateful for an accolade such as that.

Knowing Christ as our Savior is an assurance of living eternity with "The Hope Of Glory" which is what Paul referred to Christ as here in Colossians 1: 27.  When we "Hope" for something it means that we look forward to, with great expectation, to that very fulfillment.  Paul actually says in this verse, "Christ in you" is your Hope of Glory. 

You can be certain that heaven awaits you if you have this constant presence of Jesus Christ in your life.

Here are a couple of other scripture verses to reflect on related to Jesus Christ as our "Hope of Glory":
  • "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope" (Ro. 15:13)
  • "Be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard" (Col. 1: 23)
  • "Being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life" (Titus 3: 7)
Dave

No comments: