Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Obedience

Do you find yourself strongly desiring to obey God daily?  Yeah, I know.  It is difficult for me, too.  However, as the Christian understands the commands and desires of God, he is willing to submit to them and make them his own desires.  You've heard the old saying "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"?  Yeah we're on the same page here!  The Christian realizes that obedience to his heavenly Father involves submission to those who are placed in authority over him.  Proverbs 3:5 & 6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (good memory verse...of course they all are).   Kind of like golf.  I can drive a golf ball a long way, but I have a wicked "slice".  However when someone shows me how to stand just right, nice and straight, right down the fairway.

How about a couple more verses to bring this point home:  [Matt. 26:39;  John 4:34;  8:29;  Phil. 2:5-8;  Heb. 5:8].

See you tomorrow,

Dave

No comments: