Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, November 12, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus Christ: "I Am"

Jesus said, "Whom do you seek"?  They answered Him, Jesus the Nazarene.  He said to them, "I am He" (John 4 & 5).

One of the greatest names of all for God the Father was used here in the Garden when Jesus replied "I am He"!  A name that precludes all other names given by God to Himself as He originally spoke to Moses when he asked God back at the "burning bush" of God; "and whom shall I say sent me" and God's reply was you tell them "I AM" sent you.  It's always been my favorite saying as we respond to our own personal needs:  What do you need?  You need hope, "I AM" hope. You need strength, "I AM" strength.  You need courage, "I AM" courage.  I AM whatever you need in life.

As Jesus used this name for Himself, to those who would contain Him, this was the ultimate blasphemy to the Jewish leaders of the day requiring the picking up of stones to execute the man who said it.

Of course, we know through scripture that Jesus was in control of His "time" and so it would not be until He had reached and controlled His own execution, would He lay His life down.

What do you need today.  Take the time to call out to the GREAT I AM to supply your needs.

Dave

No comments: