Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus Christ: "Friend of Publicans and Sinners"

One would think that here would be a good place to use the word "Flesh" as Jesus Christ was referred to as "Flesh" however, I believe that more appropriately is the phrase "Friend of Publicans and Sinners."

Jesus Christ said in Mark 2:17, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick; I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.)  Now here is an action verse that we can sink our teeth into.  After all, at the end of Christ's earthly ministry, His call to us was to lead the way of a sinful world to a loving Savior.

Jesus took it on the chin, so to speak because He was constantly found with the Publicians and Sinners of the world.  But Jesus Christ took the criticism of those who would throw rocks at Him, as a compliment.  These are the people He came to pour out His love for (so if you find yourself taking on "rocks" for Christ, consider it a compliment)!

In some of His final thoughts in the Gospel of John, Jesus says to them, "Henceforth I call you not servants...but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my father I have made known unto you" (John 15:15).

Be sure to check out Matthew 11:19.

Dave

No comments: