Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, May 14, 2010

Where Do You Get Your Wisdom From?

Here's a couple of verses I ran into this morning that kind of go with what I mentioned yesterday. I found them in Proverbs 2: 6,7 and it says, "For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity."

I read a book once called "Who You Are When No One Is Looking". Had a lot to do with a persons integrity and spiritual "wellness". It makes sense that because God "stores up sound wisdom" that we would go there for the guidance of the day and receive our fill of it prior to going out into a world that is "boldly" owned by "the prince of the power of the air" (Satan).

They have said it times of old, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Well I don't know how true that is but I do know the truth about the wisdom of God and it "far" surpasses my own. So, basically that is why I write as often as I can. God leads me to verses and I speak of what I think about them. Few people refute my writing and lots of people like what is said. Hopefully that means they understand with I feel the Lord leading me to say.

You know, it doesn't take much time to go into God's Word before you actually "pick up" some of the wisdom He has in store for you. If you can't think of any particular place to create a habit, try reading a Proverb for every day of the month, each month, throughout the year. I can almost promise you that you will not stop there.

Happy wisdom seeking!

Dave

No comments: