Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Facing Giants In Life

Tonight I watched the movie "Facing the Giants." A Christian movie about a high school football team that eventually surrendered completely to God's purpose and it was an amazing story of facing obstacles in our lives. I've had obstacles, you've had obstacles! There's not a person on this earth who has not or will not "Face their Giants" in life.

It seems to me that the longer I live, the more difficult the "Giants" in my life become. Am I the only one who feels this way? Sometimes it is very hard to deal with these "everyday" life situations. And believe it or not, sometimes I even feel sorry for myself.

Now tonight, after watching this movie, I feel very confident in my trust of God and His ability to carry me through these "waters." Facing our life's difficulties are so much easier when we have a Father that we can trust to care for our needs. And of course, it brought to mind a verse in scripture that says, in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." So what is it that we have to fear in life. Now I am NOT of the opinion that the above scripture verse means I can pick up an automobile because of the strength He gives me, but rather, I can do ANYTHING that the Spirit wills in my life according to God's purpose for my life.

And so these "Giants" show up from time to time, and what God wants us to do is know that we have the power of the Almighty Himself with which to carry ourselves over the mountains of physical, mental and emotional dilemma's in life.

You are probably facing some kind of "Giant" in your life today. Are you confident in your relationship with God? Are you trusting him for EVERYTHING in your life? If not, then why not? We cannot get through these times without our faith in God.

So what I saw tonight showed me that it is vital that we place ALL our trust in Him. Try to put God in the place of your "Giant" tonight and see if He can give you peace!

Dave

No comments: