Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What "Bugs" You?

Well Barb and I are on the road and really enjoying time spent together, relaxing and having fun in the travel trailer. Before we left, my wife (bless her heart) spent 10 hours with her friend Robin, making new curtains for the trailer just because I didn't like the "mini-blinds" that were originally installed. And they look GREAT! Would I possibly say anything else? Just kidding, they do match and look wonderful.

So today we got a chance to visit with my older brother for a few hours and have dinner together. Everything there still the same. Once again, glad I live several hundred miles away from everyone. We will go with them to beautiful "downtown" Oatman, Arizona tomorrow (I'm not sure why) something about a lot of donkeys to look at - not sure.

So today I had to ask myself what was bugging me about family members and try to get some understanding about why we don't get together any more than we do. I won't go into detail except to say some of the reasons (just as with other family members) are valid. And tonight, since my whole body felt "agitated" I couldn't sleep so I got up to read, and sure enough (Ain't God Great), He lead me to just the right passage of scripture to give me peace.

Listen to these verses of scripture in Genesis 1:24,25 which says, "Then God said, Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind; cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind; and it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good." Notice that I underlined "creeping things". Not sure why but the scriptures made me think of flys. They are such a bother to everyone. It doesn't matter where they land, within your "space" they are still "creeping things" that are bothersome. We hate them. We go out of our way to destroy them. We swat them with flyswatters, spray them with dangerous chemicals, throw things at them and they still continue to "bug" us to no end, it seems.

Some of us may experience distant relatives like that and they just "bug" us. Is that rude? Oh well, I'm just typing the way I hear God leaning.Check this out. This was a thought I had while reading these verses and thinking about how difficult flys are in our lives. Answer this question for me: " How close to the ceiling does the fly have to get before he knows to "flip" over so he can land on his feet." I know, I need to get a life! I guess the point I am trying to make is that there are several things in life that really "bug" us (especially like the fly) and we just don't know what to do about it.

We cannot take a "flyswatter" to our family and friends so perhaps the best thing to do is to come to the understanding that God created them, just as he did "all the creeping things" that crawl on the earth and these are things that we have to co-habitate with here on earth. I guess there are just some things we need to ignore.Something bugging you today?

Perhaps you don't like the way I write or you have people in your life that "suck all the air" out of the room and just suffocate you with need. Like the fly, we don't know when he decides to "flip over" to land on his feet and perhaps some of our family and friends are the same way. I know; another long explanation for something that perhaps should just simply be ignored. But it is important to remember that even though there are people and things that may "bug" us, they too, were created by the same God that created you and He loves them just the same.

I remember a lot of years ago when a black man, Rodney King, after being beat up by a few police officers, got on TV and said "Can't we just all get along?" Maybe we will never discover when the fly decides at what point he needs to flip over to land on his feet on the ceiling. Maybe we don't need to know. Perhaps simply being thankful that the "fly" which God created serves it's ultimate purpose in the overall scheme of God's plan here on earth and just leave the guy alone.

I know! By this point, you are all thinking I have completely lost my mind. But actually, being out of the brown air of the Phoenix Metropolitan area has actually cleared my head and I'm throwing out my flyswatter in the morning. Now that I think about what I have written, if God hadn't given the fly the talent to achieve his "ceiling landings" we would be crushing hundreds of them all over the floor every singe day. So this is a good thing. Hopefully, you got a little chuckle out of this thought.

Dave

No comments: