Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, May 10, 2010

How Much Wealth Do You Have

The people who care for me are extremely important to me. My wife is my "caregiver" and she is well educated in the ability to see that nothing is overlooked in my care. My children are constantly caring and giving to me both physically and emotionally and I could very possibly, be the luckiest man alive.

When I think about those who care for me I think of Proverbs 19:17 which says, "He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his good deed." Now I realize that none of my family wants to be patted on the back for doing "good deeds" but I see that it concerned God enough to enter it into His inspired word.

I am far from a poor man. In fact, over the years as a husband, and father, and a grandfather, I have accumulated somewhere in the neighborhood of $24 million dollars. Now over the years, I have spent all of that money on my children and grandchildren. By the way, that $24 million is what I consider a small sacrifice for the love that has been shown to me at this time in my life.

Another thing to note is that the money is a "figuratively speaking" amount because I've tried to put a realistic figure on how much I love and care for them. I am a millionaire because of what my family has given to me. Today, I live on the very Social Security Disability Income that I have always thought was a bad idea in the first place. I am a conservative and have always thought that our government should not have the power to dictate to use what amount we live on in the latter years of our lives. And here I am today, finding it necessary to take the very entitlement I have always apposed.

But the entitlement I have that is far greater than the money that comes every month, is that I get to live in the surroundings of those who think and care the most for me. There are 12 of them who would gladly slide their plate over in front of me to make sure my portion is sufficient. Can others of you who are parents and grandparents say that today?

Early on in God's Word, in Deuteronomy 15: 7 & 8 the writer said, "If there is a poor man with you, one of your brothers, in any of your towns in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand from your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and shall generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks."

With a heart full of joy, in the middle of the fight of our lives, we ARE, without a doubt, the richest family walking the face of the earth. You cannot make enough money in a lifetime to buy what I have described. It has to come from the heart.

Until tomorrow,

Dave

No comments: