Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, May 7, 2010

I Trust You God!

I was just reading Psalms 56:3 & 4: "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?"

What an "awe-inspiring" Word from the Lord. As David opens this Psalm he says "...Fighting all day long he (Satan) oppresses me. My foes have trampled upon me all day long, for they are many who fight proudly against me."

But, he say, "...I will put my trust in Thee." On a moment by moment basis, I find myself in this situation where I MUST put my trust in Him. How else could we survive. There are threats all around us, all the time. But God is in us, on us, beside us, and nothing that happens to us goes unnoticed by the great I AM.

Like David, I will rest in Him and His praise shall ever be in my mouth. If you are not at peace in the middle of your storm, you can know real peace and passion with the Lord in your heart. Jesus opened chapter 14 of John's Gospel by saying "Do not be afraid, you believe in God, believe also in Me."

In the middle of a total collapse, we have nothing to fear, for God is with us. Is He with you?

Dave

No comments: