Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, May 31, 2010

Are You Made In 'His' Workmanship?

Tonight Barb and I are in Huntington Beach, California just finishing up the movie "Extreme Measures" and getting ready for bed. Tomorrow at 6 AM, we will "dawn" our little baseball caps and race down to the beach parking lot and try to secure a space for us and our trailer. Got here too late today for ANYTHING. Tomorrow we will have a better chance.

I was sitting here thinking about how blessed a person I am. Sitting in my little "house on wheels" with my best friend and "Cap't Jack" too (sometimes he gets in the way but he doesn't take up too much space). Beautiful beach weather (a little chilly tonight but it is sure to be beautiful and somewhere in the 70's tomorrow. We will pull out our "beach lounge" chairs, open up the awning on the trailer and sit out sipping tea and enjoying the sun.

Of course you might imagine it would remind me of a verse in scripture. It is Ephesians 2:10, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Remember when it was said in Titus 2:11-14, "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds?" Well today, just like any other day, I sinned against God and went before Him asking for His forgiveness, and just like the faithful God that He is, it was so given.

And later on today, He gave me yet another chance to mention Him to another person. Why? Because we are "His workmanship" designed by Him to do His good will here on earth. I don't know about you guys, but that excites me to no end, just knowing I am following His will at those moments.

We will be having a wonderful time while "bathing in the sun" at the beach, but we should never forget that we brought Jesus Christ, our King, along with us.

By the way, it's Memorial Day and I am so very grateful for those who gave their lives in battle, so that I might have the freedom I have to speak the truth of God, without threat! Ain't God Great?

Good night,

Dave

No comments: