Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Word Of The Lord Abides In You

This morning I got up early this morning. It is 7 AM at Mickey’s House in Florida, that’s why I say I got up early this morning (its 4 AM at home. What a beautiful morning it is. The sun is shining brightly and the scenery is, as you might expect, spectacular.

Anyway, I was reading in 1 Peter 1:25 where it says, “But the Word of the Lord abides forever and this is the word which was preached to you.” Peter references Hebrews 6:5 in saying, “…and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come…”

This morning as I was thinking of being away from the normal routine of my everyday life, I was still able to abide in the Lord’s Word for the goodness within and allow it to saturate my heart for the events of the day. I believe our granddaughter has plans for the day at Epcot Center which sounds like fun. Any day in the Lord is a great day and just by adding a couple of my grandchildren (I’m in heaven). I’m sitting here on the patio of the Boardwalk Resort in Disney World, drinking a cup of coffee, letting God know how thankful I am to be so fortunate to be given this trip.

I made this commitment the last couple of days in December of last year to write something everyday from God’s Word and have been able to keep that commitment thus far and now it has become an “Obsession” to reach the moment in the day when I would sit down beside my Bible and laptop and allow God to speak to me. So I throw down this challenge to you all. Even if you do not consider yourself a writer, you all should journal the day’s events which include the Lord Jesus. Won’t you give it a try? After doing this for over 4 months daily, I feel confident you will become “Obsessed” with the challenges of God.

Have a great day, I know I will.

Dave

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha im new on here. I came accross this board I have found It absolutely accommodating & it's helped me a great deal. I should be able to give something back and aid others like it has helped me.

Thank You, See You About.

Anonymous said...

Hey i'm new to this. I came upon this forum I find It extremely accessible & its helped me loads. I should be able to give something back and assist others like its helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm new here, I hit upon this site I find It absolutely accommodating & its helped me a great deal. I hope to give something back and assist other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, See You Later.

Anonymous said...

Heya i am new on here, I came accross this forum I have found It truly useful & it's helped me so much. I hope to contribute and guide other users like its helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Around