Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, May 3, 2009

What Do You See Happening In The World Through Your TV?

I don't know about you guys, but I watch mostly the news channel on TV. I'm kind of bias to the Fox News Network. The only other things I watch is "American Idol" (the whole family is hooked on it), Reruns of Seinfeld (of course I also have all the DVDs so I don't know why I waste so much time watching the reruns). I like "Hell's Kitchen" and you may not believe this but I am a big fan of "Desperate Housewives" (there, I said it).

I mention that because as we watch what is happening on the television, sometimes, no most times we see the ugliness of the world in action. Especially in the news. As Christians, we are aware, most of us having read the last book of the Bible and becoming more curious about what is happening to our world. Is it the time? Is the Lord returning soon? How much can we endure of this before it all blows up in our faces?

Well, I think that First Peter 5: 4-11 gives a very clear and understandable response to today's dilemmas even though it was written so long ago. Allow me to quote it for you. "And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you,clothe yourselves with humility toward one anther, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever, Amen."

Well, that's my whole "take" on the "current events" matter. I guess my "take" is that it doesn't really matter, because Jesus will come back exactly when God has decided it will happen and in the meantime, we humble ourselves and continue to do the work of the Lord just as though He had just recently left.

The "crown of glory" is a special reward for the faithful, obedient God-called pastor. He will receive this reward when the "Chief Shepherd appears." It is eternal and it is "unfading." Every believer may share in the pastor's "crown of glory." Support your faithful, God-called pastor by praying for him and encouraging him in the work of the Lord. Help to feed the church and be an example to the church of our Lord Jesus Christ. And whenever the time is that the Lord decides to return, just be ready. Do the things you, personally need to do to be ready for His return.

Dave

No comments: