Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, May 7, 2009

No Hope? No Security? Try God!

Do you have trust? I mean real trust that all will turn out for the glory of God and that you will be ushered into His kingdom at the right time? Do you feel like your life is a game or are there “real” stakes in how you finish the race?

What about hope? What is your hope fixed on these days? Do you perhaps hope that the stock market doesn’t drop any further than it already has? Do you hope you get that promotion at work that you have tried so hard for? Maybe you just hope you don’t lose your job.

Or is your hope fixed on the only thing in eternity that really matters? Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. You sin, I sin, the person next to you sins; we all have a sin problem and Jesus Christ came into the world to fix our “sin” problem with His hope.

Listen to this scripture verse; “Then you would trust, because there is hope: and you would look around and rest securely…” This scripture verse is found in Job 11:18 and it can mean several things. That brings up another question as to how your security is. Are you secure in Christ? Do you know that if you die before finishing this sentence, that you will go to heaven? I know. You wanna know how I know? Well when I invited Jesus Christ into my life it was not an emotional thing, it wasn’t to help me “smooth out” my marriage or create better circumstances for myself. It was because I came to realize that I was “LOST” (I realized that I was a liar, a cheat, a thief and many other things) and I needed a “SAVIOR!” And Jesus came to fill that need for me.

Now I have hope, I have security. My family not only understands but believes as well. Having a disease like cancer actually helps you to get a better grip on reality and see what it is that really matters in life. No hope? No security? No heaven, my friend! That is the first step.

I have placed the “4 Spiritual Laws” on this blog so that anyone who wishes to know more about his or her personal destiny and how to make it count for Christ can know. You can read all of them by clicking on the link on the left side of the page that is titled “4 Spiritual Laws.” Do yourself a favor. You never know. By helping yourself you may be helping someone you love dearly, who might not otherwise know.

Dave

No comments: