Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, May 16, 2009

If You Can!

Jesus said to him, "If You can! All things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23)

A lot of times in my life, I find my self saying to God, "If You Can!" Well if He can't I don't know anyone or anything else that can. A man brings his little boy to Jesus Christ and says to Him "If you can, please take pity on my son." (Mark 9:22b)

And then when he is rebuked by Jesus the boy's father cries out and says, "I do believe; help my unbelief." We all have a certain amount of unbelief. We wonder if God is listening to us. We wonder if He plans to do anything about our problems and we wonder if He DID anything when we do not notice any change.

All things are possible to him who believes is what Jesus said to this poor hurting father. ALL THINGS! He didn't say, "there are some things that I can fix and then there are other things I just don't care to deal with" but it all comes down to our own heart. What do we feel that Jesus can do for us.

Some of us are very sick and need a touch from the Master, but do we really believe that He is listening, caring and doing something about it? If we don't see instant results does that constitute "unbelief?"

Jesus assured this little boy's father that "All things are possible to him who believes!" So the basis for miracles in our lives, those we see and those we will not recognize until we meet Him in heaven are based on our ability to "believe." How strong is your belief? Do you want Jesus to answer your prayers by "your will" or by "His will?"

I say if I have to wait to see the results, I am good with that. Cancer may take away my life but it cannot take away my "belief." How about you?

Dave

No comments: