Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, May 14, 2009

He Will Make All Things New

Do you remember the last time you bought a new car. Or perhaps a new home or piece of furniture? Remember how you would rub it, and polish the car. Remember the times you were willing to walk half a mile to the storefront in order to park the car out where nobody would bump it with their car door?

It was special and it was "Brand New" and you didn't want anything to scratch it or fall on it. You didn't even want it to get rained on. So you took extra precautions to make sure that it stayed "New" as long as it could. And with your new home or piece of furniture. I know I would always make the dog stay off of the "New" couch until I was eventually "overridden" by Barb because Jack was part of the family and should be able to enjoy the new couch also.

I remember when I got my New American Standard Bible - The Open Bible printed and outlined by Campus Crusade for Christ about 30 years ago. I would brush it off all the time, write notes on paper and stick them in my Bible and I tried very hard to keep my Bible looking new. It's been over 30 years now and I still have the same Bible. There were a few days when I had to carry the book of First Peter in my pocket because the pages eventually tore out and I could not keep it all together. I have obviously been writing in my Bible for some time now because it is now, twice as thick as it was new and I could never replace this Bible. All I have learned about my God is written in this book. It looks torn and tattered. It's been rebound once so that First Peter is back in it's proper place in God's Word but the outside edges are still tattered. Everywhere you look in it, you can find some written notes and exclamations about some related issues for that page.

Well I was reading in this old torn and tattered book today and came across this passage of scripture: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, "new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband" (Revelation 21:1-3).

Just think, someday, and probably very soon now, Jesus is going to buy all of us a "New Bible" and that new Bible will be the "New Jerusalem" and we will stand there and look out at the vast sea of people who trusted Him for their life and we will glorify the Lord with our song. We won't be so concerned with "scratches or dog hair or torn or tattered pages" but rather with gazing on the magnificence of the Lord Jesus Christ and the New Heaven & New Earth!

It goes on in verse 4 to say "He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." I can only Imagine! In fact, click here to see a precious video and song about our eventual union with Christ in heaven.

Dave

No comments: