Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus: The Word

I would like to end this alphabetic series on "Biblical names of Jesus Christ" with "The Word".  This is an extremely important title for Christ as it "absolutely" attaches Jesus Christ to the trinity.  In John 1:1 it says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   This passage of scripture in John 1:1-18 is very poetic and important for our positive understanding of who Jesus Christ really is.  The "Trinity" is flawlessly connected here for all to see.

As can be seen, the first three words that John uses as he starts his gospel, help us to understand that EVERYTHING has been established "In the beginning" and that Jesus Christ, the second part of the Trinity was there for the event.  He is the creator of everything that was created.

Today was a very anxious day as I started chemotherapy again today.  Of course, they pre-medicate you so as to prevent any unforeseen "reactions" to the drugs they use to poison the cancer cells in the human body.  But today was a different day.  The pre-meds obviously had NO effect on what was to happen to my body on this day.  Within the first hour of treatment, I began to shake, my body ice cold.  I was told that at one point the shaking became so radical that it was moving my lounge chair.  I cannot remember what took place from that point until I opened my eyes and they finally found their way to my Oncology Doctor who was standing there to observe the actions of the nurses.  They all did a wonderful job of getting me through this reaction and finally, when I recognized my doctor, I said "Hi Doc" (that's how I greet him always).  His respond was simple and comforting...he said "he's back."  He verbalized a few orders and left the room.  I cannot tell you where I may have gone (I'm confident I was safely 'tucked' within the arms of Christ), but it was relieving to hear the doctor announce my return to the nurses.

Here's what I do know:  John 1:14 says, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."  Wherever I might have gone for that few moments really doesn't matter because the "Word that became flesh" dwelt among ME as this incident unfolded (not the doctor, Jesus Christ).  Once I was back, was breathing on my own and no longer "raddling the daylights out of my chair",  I recognized the peace of Jesus Christ dwelling with me in that place.

Yes it was an anxious situation, as there are many in our lives, but once my mind and heart returned it's focus on Christ, everything was peaceful. 

A VERY exhausting and unpleasant day, indeed.  However, the "Word dwelt among us" and peace and grace was His result.

The Word, a wonderful way to present our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ to those we call friends and loved ones.  I cannot tell you what would have been my response to that incident, had "The Word" not dwelt with me today.  All I can say is that I am grateful for His love and grace in my life.  God bless you all.  We'll do it all over in 10 or 12 days.  And I am sure, I'll have "good" company.

Dave

(Thanks for letting me share this series of Biblical Names for Jesus Christ. All of the thoughts for this series came from God's inspiration to me, however some of my research came from George W. Knight, author of "The Names of God".  All other information and facts came from God's Word, of course)

2 comments:

Never far from home said...

you have an inspiring story

Moira said...

Beautiful post!!
He promises HE will never leave us nor forsake us! I hope your blessed with a speedy recovery!

Did you know that HIS(Jesus') name in Hebrew is 'Yeshua'? It means, Salvation(or more correctly YHVH saves).
Shalom,
Moira