Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, November 29, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus: Vine

John 15:5 says "I am the vine, and you are the branches;  He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing."

Jesus spoke these words to His disciples the night of His arrest.  He know that they would have to be "attached" to Him, strongly in order to survive the upcoming events.  We've all hear the stories about the vines and the pruning process.  We are the (His) branches and sometimes we need pruning in our lives in order to grow.  Maybe that's were some of the pain I spoke about last night comes from.

The idea Jesus wanted to get across was that we are the weaker branches that are attached to the strong vine (Himself) as we go through different stage in life, sometimes being pruned back, perhaps even farther than we wish to be.  However there is always a reason.  He (Jesus) as the vine, would sustain and nourish us so we would bear "much fruit" in the days ahead.

Jesus is the "Vine" and we are the "branches" all for a good reason.  Jesus was called the "Vine."  Now why couldn't I have thought of that?

Dave

No comments: