Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus Christ: Jesus Of Nazereth

Just a little historical fact that the significance of these names given to the Christ, "Jesus of Galilee and Jesus of Nazareth would signify the proof of His historicity.  He was not a make-believe figure who emerged from a fiction writer's imagination.  Jesus Christ was a real, "touchable" person, who grew up in humble circumstances and spent most of His ministry among the common people.

As for me, I am very proud of the historicity of Christ.  It is humbling but re-assuring that He grew up as a commoner just as I.  "Had Jesus been created as a fictional character, He would have most likely been brought up by society's upper class within the influential city of Jerusalem" (George W. Knight).  Jesus of Galilee or Jesus of Nazareth rolls off the tongue just as David of Fontana (no comparable intent).

Jesus of Nazareth, the Man whom God sent to save me from myself.  "Philip found Nathanael, and said unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph"  (John 1:45).

Dave

No comments: