Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bible Names For Jesus Christ: Jesus

In early Jewish custom, a male child was circumcised on the eighth day of his life and given a name.  This was also true in the life of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  You may notice in my writing that I refer to Jesus as "our Lord, Jesus Christ" and I do so for good reason.  Even more important than a former President of the United States of America continues to hold the title of "Mr. President" so too, it is with our Lord.

You may recall that even before our Lord was born, an angel appeared to Joseph and Mary and informed them that He would be called "Jesus" (Matt 1:21).

In the beginning of the Bible (the fourth word in Genesis) God was called "God (Elohim)" which means "A God of power" however by the second chapter of the book He was referred to as "Lord God (Jehovah Elohim)" which means "a God of power and perfection; A finishing God"!  That would be the "God in the flesh" we refer to, in the New Testament as "Jesus".

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus; There's just something about that name! Master, Savior, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain..." and so the song continues.

Jesus!  Jesus Christ, our Lord. Seems fitting and proper to me.  And so it is, "Jesus Christ our Lord" to me.  I will never tire of calling Him by that name.  I love our Lord!  Do you want to reach out to Him today?  He is patiently waiting to hear from you; His name is "Jesus"!  Call upon Him, won't you?

Dave

No comments: