Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ASHAMED! ARE YOU KIDDING?

This past Sunday evening, we all came together as a family to witness my son-in-law, Ollie, having given his heart to Christ, become obedient to Him in baptism along with several others from Reveal Church.  It was a wonderful experience and testimony to God for the love He has placed in the heart of these new believers.

Today it made me think of 2 Timothy 1:7-9 and it says, "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.  Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, or of me His prisoner; but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity."

Perfect scripture passage for those who, unashamedly, were "dunked" under the water, coming up having the Holy Spirit of God already living in their hearts.  I kept looking at the word "ashamed" with amazement.  This was the Apostle Paul, instructing Timothy, with his own congregation, to shun timidity for strength and boldly declare the Word and Truth of God's gospel.

And I was there to snap a photo of my son-in-law, as Pastor Marty pulled him up out of the water.  What a proud moment that was to see such a good-looking, strapping young man, not ashamed to be vulnerable to the crowds of people as he submitted himself the the authority of God through the ordinance of baptism.

I am very proud of you, Ollie.

Dave

No comments: