Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, June 28, 2010

I Promise, I Promise, I Promise, I Promise!

Here's a cool promise from God.  Jesus speaking in John 14:21 says, "He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will disclose Myself to him."  Let me share some of the important aspects of this promise to you as I see it.

#1  This promise has a "prerequisite":  "He who has My commandments..."  Here is the first assumption that those Jesus is speaking to has His commandments which is a prerequisite for his promise to follow.

#2  This promise shows the "proof"?  "...and keeps them, he it is who loves Me:..."  Jesus simply wants us to keep and maintain His commandments within our hearts for this promise to be kept.

#3  This promise also comes with a "profit":  "...and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father and I will love him..."  How profitable do you consider the love of Christ and the Father in your life?  I would consider it vastly more valuable than anything I could collect and cherish here on earth.

#4  And finally this promise comes with a "priviledge":  "...and will disclose Myself to him."   What a privilege and honor it is to be recognized by Jesus Christ to the Heavenly Father.  How could we ask for more.

In summary, this little verse carries a promise of a prerequisite, a proof, a profit, and a priviledge to those of us who believe.

Are you one of those who can say with assurance that he/she carries this promise around wherever you go?

Ain't God Great?

Dave

No comments: