Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, June 21, 2010

This Is Great News!

For the last couple of years Barb and I have been blessed with a travel trailer and have been able to make a few trips away as "official" RVr's and most of the trips have been wonderful and exciting.  We love it so much and have recently been given the opportunity to become "Full-Timers" (that means living in the trailer "always" - see we even have the lingo down).  We are very much looking forward to the experience.

Of course, when you do something like this you have a lot of things to make sure are taken care of before you walk away from your permanent home to your home on wheels so we are working out the "kinks" and hope to be on our way very soon.

Another thing that is a little (well alot for me) exciting was that as we were cleaning out some of the storage boxes, preparing to pack up the house, I ran across a folder full of some of my very first sermon manuscripts and I sat down and started reading them.  I found out something about myself by reading some of these 28 year old messages.  And that is that I am the same guy with the same thought process (except a more clear understanding of my faith) that I was when I entered into Seminary in 1984.

I believe (I'm prejudice, of course) that some of them are very good and I plan to try to break them into "bite size" sermon-ettes and log them here on my blog.  I'll break them up in enough parts so as to not make them too long but I would really like for some of you who have read my stuff over the last five years to see if you can comment on them to see if I am right in my own mind about how God has worked in my life from "then" to "now".  If you can, that would be great.  Just click on the link "comment" at the bottom of the blog you wish to comment on and that way I can share your thoughts with everyone.

I'm excited.  I'm perhaps just a few days away from "Full-Time RVing" and I have manuscript sermons I wrote over 28 years ago.  Who could possibly want more from life...LOL!  Anyway, looking forward to it.  Hope you enjoy them.

Dave

No comments: