Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, June 24, 2010

THE MAN GOD USES

I want to share with you some information I got from a book that I have been reading which is very good. These are not my words but written by Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Church, Costa Mesa, California. The book title is "The Man God Uses". If you don't read another book this year, let me please, recommend this one to you. It is a small book and should only take a day to read. I took two days because I re-read some parts that were just fantastic.

The following is a complete quote from the summary of the entire book: ***"What kind of man does God use? God uses the man who comes to the cross daily; who has no ambitions for himself. God uses the man whose life brings honor and glory to Christ. God is looking for the person who refuses to seek after the applause of men; who, like Jesus, is centered on submission to God's will. He is looking for that person who is willing to present his body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God.

We are living in the last days before Jesus returns for His bride, and I believe that God wants to give this world one final witness of His love, grace, and mercy before His righteous judgment comes. The prophet Joel spoke of the former rain and the latter rain (Joel 2:23); and I am praying that the Lord would pour out His Spirit all over the world, that we would see genuine revival -- not in a 'circus' atmosphere which brings attention to man -- but in a genuine manner that draws people to Jesus Christ.

Since Adam's original sin, God has been looking for a man that He can use to accomplish His purposes. Genesis 5:24 tells us the simple testimony of such a man: 'And Enoch walked with God.'

When your life here on earth comes to an end, do you want to be known as a person who walked with God? Are you willing to allow the Holy Spirit to take control of your life right now? During the time of Ezekiel, God searched for a man who would stand in the gap between Himself and the sinful nation of Israel.

Will you be that type of man?

We catch a glimpse of God's heavenly glory in Isaiah 6, when Isaiah entered into God's presence. Isaiah recorded in verse 8: 'I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us? Then I said, Here am I! Send me.'
Do you want God to use your life? Are you willing to say with Isaiah, 'Here am I, Lord! Send me.'? If so, then it's time to strap on your spiritual armor, pick up your sword, and get in the battle.



For the man God uses is willing to be used."


*** "The Man God Uses by Pastor Chuck Smith, Calvary Chapel.

From the first quotation mark to the last one, I have written, word for word, the last chapter of Pastor Smith's book and the scripture verse for this chapter is purposefully unique.  It is Acts 5:41-42 which says, "So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.  And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ."  I sat out in my garage with my next door neighbor last night and THIS is what we discussed.  I pray for him daily, that God would use, both him and me and allow us the privilidge of suffering for the sake of Christ.

Dave

No comments: