Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, January 18, 2009

We Have Passed Out Of Death Into Life

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here we have 5 specific passages of scripture to help someone understand the depth of their salvation. I heard someone once say, "How do you know, that you know, that you know, that you are saved." These were just a handful of scriptures that he shared:

1 John 3:9..."No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God" (we all have "shortcomings" but do we continue them after conviction; it needs to be dealt with).

 1 John 3:14..."We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death" (John's entire emphasis on Christ is based on His love for us and our love for one another).

1 John 4:13..."By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit" (do you feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life? If you trust Christ, His Spirit dwells in you).

1 John 4:14..."And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world (this is the message that has been preached for centuries, that Jesus came into the world to save sinners).

1 John 5:4..."For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith" (I am most thankful for this promise. From the day I was told about my cancer up to this moment in time, I have been confident in my health because I AM BORN OF GOD and He has overcome the world, just for me).

Dave

No comments: