Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Their Sin I Will Remember No More

There are always little snippets and jewels that help us gain better understanding into the Love of God in the Old testament and it would do us all good to go there from time to time and review some of them. I was reading in Jeremiah 31: 33 & 34 the following: "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people...for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Reminds me of the time when Moses went up to the mountain and returned with the tablets of stone with God's Commandments written on them. Except here God promises to write His law in our hearts where it can never be broken or chipped or forgotten. This is an important covenant because with it, God literally invades our hearts with His promise when He says "I will be their God...and their sin I will remember no more." None of us could have brokered a better deal than that which God has given to us.

It also reminds me of a song I have long admired by Morgan Cryar called "What Sin" and if you click on the link below, it will take you to the song so you can listen to it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEqR2zlaDTs

When you are weighed down with the past sin in your life and cannot seem to get up off the floor, remember this promise that God gave to his people, hundreds of years before Christ would climb that hill to Calvary. I will remember their sins no more. Praise the Lord. Hope you can listen to the song. You'll enjoy it, I am sure.

Dave

No comments: